I’m pleased to announce that NextGEN Gallery Optimizer v2.1.3 (Basic and Pro) is now available, and ready to download via the 1-click installer/updater in your WordPress admin.
This is the third point release for v2.1, and is primarily a maintenance update to test, document and ensure compatibility with several new versions of NextGEN Gallery, NextCellent Gallery and another major release of WordPress itself.
This is a recommended update, as it adds full compatibility with the major admin rewrite in NextCellent Gallery v1.9.30, and addresses a styling issue introduced in WordPress v4.4.
All in-plugin documentation has been updated to reflect our new “tested up to” compatibility, and I’m pleased to say Optimizer v2.1.3 currently supports (and is tested compatible with) NextGEN Gallery (v2.0.0 to v2.1.23), NextGEN Legacy (v1.6.2 to v1.9.13), NextCellent Gallery (v1.9.14 to v1.9.31), and WordPress (v3.7 to v4.4.2).
All the best,
v2.1.3 – 2016-2-13
Optimizer Basic and Pro:
* TESTED: Fully compatible with NextGEN Gallery up to v2.1.23.
* TESTED: Fully compatible with NextCellent Gallery up to v1.9.31.
* TESTED: Fully compatible with WordPress up to v4.4.2.
* UPDATED: All in-plugin, repository and website documentation to reflect our new “tested up to” compatibility.
* ADDED: Explicitly defined the original WordPress admin h2 header tag styling in Optimizer’s settings page CSS, to override a size reduction introduced with changes in WP v4.4.
* ADDED: Extra checks, sanitization and styling in our integration with NextCellent Gallery’s lightbox effects page, for full compatibility with the major admin rewrite in NextCellent v1.9.30.
* ADDED: Detection of NextCellent Gallery’s new admin management PHP pages in NextGEN Gallery Deactivator, after the full admin rewrite in NextCellent v1.9.30.